National YSA Convention, Perth 2018
“We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men ... If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.” (13th Article of Faith)
It is the desire of the Perth Convention Committee that all who attend have a wonderful and uplifting time. To help you achieve this and maintain Church standards, you are required to read and accept the below Code of Conduct before confirming your registration. This will indicate to the Lord and to us that you have read the Code of Conduct and that you agree to abide by it during the convention. You will also be required to sign a physical copy of this Code of Conduct during registration.
- I will follow the direction of priesthood leaders, advisors and convention leaders at all times and treat them with respect.
- I will follow all convention and venue rules at all times.
- I will wear my convention lanyard (which includes my photo) to every activity. I understand that if I do not show this lanyard that I may be refused entry into an activity or to the cafeteria.
- I will keep my assigned accommodation and other facilities clean and tidy, and ensure that my room and flat are left clean and tidy when I return the keys.
- I agree that I will pay a fee for any lost keys or for any keys that are not returned upon departure.
- I will report any damage to convention leaders immediately, and I agree that I will be responsible for the cost of repairs to damage that I have caused.
- I will not allow any member of the opposite sex to enter my flat at any time. I also understand that sexual intimacy will not be tolerated and I acknowledge that if I am involved with this I will be excluded from further participation in the convention.
- I understand that sexual harassment, unlawful behaviour, derogatory remarks or jokes based on a person’s gender, race, ethnicity, religion or disability will not be tolerated.
- I will respect other residents. i.e loud music, loud noise and bad behaviour at any hour will be unacceptable.
- I accept that there will be absolutely no alcohol, smoking or non-prescription drugs allowed at any time – on or off the premises. If found with any of these substances I accept to be excluded from further participation in the Convention.
- I understand that any form of violence, threat of violence or bullying to another person or to his/her property will not be tolerated.
- I understand that if identified with gang affiliation, including the wearing or showing of any gang insignia or identity items, I will be excluded from further participation in the Convention.
- I accept that swearing and coarse language is offensive and I will not engage in such behaviour.
- I agree to getting adequate sleep so that I will not be tired the next day. This will also provide me with time to read the scriptures, keep up my fitness, eat breakfast, and get the most out of the convention.
- I understand that the use of mobile phones for texting, conversation, e-mailing, or playing games during organised meetings, devotionals, classes and activities is not acceptable.
- I agree that I will immediately obey any direction given to me by any member or authorized representative of) the Convention Executive Committee, including an instruction to leave and remain outside of the Convention campus. I also acknowledge and agree that this includes instructions given to me by mentors/chaperones, security or first aid personnel, workshop facilitators, devotional or any other Convention event leader.
- I agree and accept that if I was asked to leave campus for breaking any of the rules above, that my payment for convention will be forfeited and no refund will be made.